Sunday, December 30, 2012

Nexus 4 vs Galaxy Note II

So I have been using my Nexus S for almost exactly 2 years now.
Back in December 2010 I purchased for myself the Google Nexus S, my first smartphone/ touchscreen phone.
After 2 years of stock gingerbread, ICS and finally Jellybean, Google has called it quits for the Android updates for my device. Heck, I've had a few problems with the phone (slow, battery issues, capacitive buttons). Figured it's now a good time to upgrade my phone.

I've set my eyes on the next gen Nexus device from Google-the Nexus 4.
Though it interests me, there's a few of flaws of the device when it was released.

  • Same capacity as my current phone (16GB)
  • Lack of bundled headset (my Nexus S headset is half ruined)
  • Fragile glass back (haven't anyone learned from Apple's iPhone?!)
  • Generally the same UI as my Nexus S just that it has a bigger screen, and will get future OTA updates first from Google (though what can Google add to this device?)
  • Lack of bundled wireless charger
As compared to the Galaxy Note II which has almost the same specs,
  • Bigger screen
  • More productive with the S-pen
  • It has the S pen
  • It has a more user friendly interface
  • Better processor (by 0.1 GHz)
  • AMOLED screen
  • microSD card slot for expendable storage
  • FM radio
A few down sides I can think of,
  • It's huge
  • It feels plasticky 
  • It's using Samsung's TouchWiz
  • Won't get Google Android updates  immediately like the Nexus 4
Though if I do get the Galaxy Note II and not really like it, I can still pass it over to my younger sister who can probably make more use out of the artistic S pen. 

Decisions decisions.....  

No comments: