Saturday, July 7, 2007

07-07-07

Some how I have a feeling that I should blog about this day even though I have nothing to blog about....

It's 07-07-07.
Many might say it's a lucky day since there's triple 7's. Heck luckier if you wake up at 7am 7th min 7th milisecond. If there were a 77th minute, the day would be 07-07-07 07-07-77. Okay the last double 7 seems off but why bother? More 7's means more luck no?

While typing this I realized how this day and date reminds me of James Bond.... but I'll just stop here because I cant think of anything at the moment to talk about J.B.

07-07-07.
A day where Singaporeans and Malaysians alike will flock to buy 4D numbers hoping to win some big buck. I think it's rather stupid that many actually think that they'll be lucky. IF 1million people did buy, not all of them will win either ways. The possibility of winning is 1/9999.
Then again looking at the stupidity of our culture, I'm not surprised if all the 4D stores/booths will be packed by instant millionaires wannabes.
But then again there's only TWO winners :
-The guys running the 4D business
-Me laughing at the stupidity of Malaysians/Singaporeans

Now think. If 07-07-07 all 4D stations are crowded with peoople.... imagine how it was last year when it was 06-06-06.
Probably you see Churches/Mosques/Temples being filled. Unlucky? I doubt it. The Churches/Mosques/Temples probably got more donation/income on that day compared to the amount they could've earned for the rest of the 364 days.

Ah~ let's not forget the people that actually worship Satan. Probably they drew a summoning circle hoping to see Satan or whatever ritual they do..... doesnt concern me either ways.


That's it. Sidenote : There's this Green/Environmental Concert happening somewhere in KL today but I dont really feel interested. Maybe I dont really care about the Earth.... or maybe because I think that concert/awareness program is only aimed for the litterbugs/uneducated ones in the society.

No comments: