Friday, March 28, 2008

To drop or not to drop ChE 356?

Note : ChE 356 is Transport Phenomena

Well.. even though I got a really.... REALLY bad score in my last exams. I decided to stay on. Figured that I could bring things up. Well things seem to be alright and I'm able to do most of the homeworks by myself... until the dreaded homework 9 came along.

How bad is it? Take this into perspective.

Average time for me to complete regular difficulty homeworks = 3~5hours (because I suck)
Average time for some of my classmates to complete regular difficulty homeworks = About an hour or less


Time it takes for some of my classmates to complete homework 9 = 7 hours
I'm stumped. Decided to give up for now as I expect even more horrendous problems to come.

On Wednesday, I couldn't turn anything in. It was a first time. I'm lost. Hopeless. In despair. At that point. I was very determined to drop the subject. I have never dropped any subjects halfway before....

Decided to meet up with my Prof. to talk things over with my decision. He requested that I try the exam on Friday (Tomorrow!). Trying to give myself another chance, I took his advice.

It ain't easy going back on a decision. A part of me says, "Give it up". Another part of me says "You must ace this!". I don't know. I've been a hardcore procrastinator since I could remember.

I had a dream last night about tomorrow's exam. I would fail. I would quit and leave all my problems for the future. Is this what I want?

No comments: