Monday, April 26, 2010

Bleeding love bleeding

Somehow I've been getting nose bleeds often recently.... again
The worst part is, it's hard to stop it. Having years and years of countless nose bleeds because I pick my nose too much, because it's too dry or because of high blood pressure(?), I am rather used to it and know how to stop it.

Only thing I hate about it is that when it starts bleeding and wont stop for almost 5-10 minutes. Plug up my nose with toilet/tissue paper but it just seeps through. Look up and the flows back down my throat (hate it when that happens but I can regurgitate it back in my mouth and I start to look like a cannibal). The most serious occurrence happened during the trip back from Colorado in spring break.

In the hotel where we spent our night taking a break from the 16 hour trip back, I woke up in the middle of the night after feeling a familiar thick liquid flowing down my throat. I knew I was bleeding and rushed to the toilet before I made any mess of the area. Stood at the sink for 5 to 8 minutes and feeling very light headed. Loosing blood. Trying every trick I know to stop it. Didn't work. Finally after a while of repeated trying, it stopped.

Only thing that I can think of to explain this is that I'm lacking some nutrients (vitamin K if I remember correctly). Back in form 2 or form 3, I was really enthusiastic about the science/ biology class. There was one section of that class that requires us to learn the use of nutrients and vitamins as well as the side effects for lacking them. Vitamin K if I'm right, is what help makes your blood to solidify and thus clogging up the tears in your skin (that reaches a blood vessel) should you bleed.

No comments: