Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Why I will not buy HoN. Period

S2 games is going out of beta and is expecting players to pay to play their game. I say "Hell No".

#1 The game is still full of bugs/graphical glitches
Puppetmaster/devourer's skills flies around the screen when enemy goes into fog/ devourer's hook comes out of the fog. You have no idea where the hell the enemy is going or where the hell the enemy is.
Recent patch says that you are no longer able to stack orb effects. Apparently they DIDN'T FIX THAT.
The waypath AI for the game sucks too. I right click on the minimap to head to that area. Just so happens I right clicked on an enemy/allied creep that was about to die. Once that creep died, my hero just stopped... That didn't happen in dota. The hero would just keep moving to the area where I right clicked.
The fog sucks too. There are fogs at places where there shouldn't be. The game's fog is way too sensitive.

#2 Lack of features
Alot of the features still aren't implemented. Match stats/achievements. When starting the game, the numbers indicating who loaded first still has glitches. Fixed my ass.

#3 Beta is for bug fixing
As said, when the game is in beta it is supposed to find all the bugs and FIX IT before bringing out the retail version. Apparently they didn't really bother much with it because they're too busy with #4.

#4 Imbalance and unimaginative heroes
Chipper and Fayde the latest two heroes in the addition of HoN has one thing in common, armor/shield (same goes to Zephyr). They have skills which casted on them grants them magic armor/shield. There are other ways to balance them.

#5 Lack of Dota heroes
Apparently S2 Games wont be importing anymore dota heroes. My favs like windrunner, ancient apparition, pugna and others will be stuck in the world.... of warcraft.

#6 S2 Games is selling an incomplete game full of bugs
My main gripe. I'm not paying for a half complete game full of bugs. If you want to sell a game, make sure it's complete and not half assed done. That said.. I might be going back to dota where there are more heroes and the game's more balanced.

No comments: