Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Destination Iowa pt 2

So I was at Chicago after the flight. Was there and realized that it's hot and sunny...
I expected it to be cold and orange but instead the weather is hot like Malaysia. I'm probably the only idiot wearing a jacket there....

Well that probably wasnt the worst part, the connecting plane i was supposed to take was delayed.... for 2 HOURS. There I was sitting in the waiting section and I noticed some white guys in uniforms which looked like pilots. I overheard them saying "I don't know what's going on, even WE couldn't get on the plane". Ugh... You know things are bad when even the pilots can't enter the plane.


Time goes by........ and I'm finally in Des Moines (pronounced as Deh-Moyn). Time of arrival, 12.30am. Time of arrival at Ames Iowa, 3am (due to some delays in the transportation and luggage claims).


Just when I thought nothing could be worst, when I tried entering my room in the apartment, I was given the wrong key. So I have no choice but to sleep on the couch. I couldn't sleep. So I got up and bath. All my clothings are in the luggage bag so I gotta open it up. And thus my luck became worst, the bag lock is broken and I have to break it to open it up (nothing serious, just breaking the zip, but the security lock is useless now).

And thus..... begins my first day at Iowa State University........ at 5.30am =.=


I won't go too detail about the orientation because I'm too lazy to recall everything so I'll just leave it and go on with life.
Pictures coming as soon as I find time to upload them. (Or motivate myself to upload them)

No comments: