Thursday, September 23, 2010

Favors?

Been doing a bunch of favors/volunteer work/donations recently. Though I can't help feeling like it's been forgotten. People who hardly talk to me will suddenly send me a message for help and after helping them, disappears again into the shadows... never to be heard or seen again until the next time they require my assistance.
Even if they do try to repay the favor... I can't seem to bring myself to accept their gratitude. Felt like I didn't really earn it even if I spent countless hours of my time on helping them. Even a small gift would be hard to accept. Treating me with food for my sacrifices made me even more uneasy as it usually involves a restaurant and me sitting in front of that individual feeling like I didn't do enough to deserve this. On the other hand if it was food that I really like (ie. pineapple tarts) I would gladly accept it with a thick face.
Looking at myself I realized that I too am like them(asking favors and disappearing) sometimes. I guess this could be a reason why I avoid asking for help and feeling indebted to others.

No comments: