Monday, June 13, 2011

Computer skills lvl up

Upgraded hard disk, reinstalled the OEM windows into the new disk but alot of drivers were unoperational..
So I tried to restore it back to the factory settings using the included recovery partition but it keeps getting an error (I guess since it wasn't the same hard drive)...
So.. I had to resort to downloading a torrent for windows 7 and using the windows key I got from digging up the registry. Didn't actually worked so I had to crack it... Didn't really want to since I already have a valid copy of windows 7 and would be pointless to do this... then while cracking it, i found out that every different company uses their own set of OEM keys (I noticed a file that included keys from different companies and they were using the same keys as I written down).... had I known this I would've just installed a brand new windows and cracked it in the first place rather than going through creating disk images, reinstalling, restarting, installing, removing, formatting over and over again.

No comments: