Sunday, August 3, 2008

All.YOUR.Electronic.Devices.Are.Belong.To.Us

Right....here's the source for my outburst

Now let me summarize, DHS (Department of Homeland Security) for the United States announced on August 1st 2008 that they are implementing a new system where they are able to confiscate any electronic devices belonging to tourists going in and out of the country/ border, indefinitely.... on a random basis.

A rundown on the definition of an 'electronic device' by them~

"An electronic device is defined as "any device capable of storing information in digital or analog form" including hard drives, compact discs, DVDs, flash drives, portable music players, cell phones, pagers, beepers, and videotapes."

Right. So they're saying that you could be bringing in or out information that could threaten the US. I say bullshit.

If they have all the time in the world to thought this up, I would assume they'd be smart enough to think that this method of 'security' as a MAJOR FLAW. Yeah that's right.
The INTERNET.

Yea, if I wanna destroy the US, I'd take the plane all the way from ****** all the way to the states, waiting in line, sitting for **** hours in the air plane just to deliver an all important message OR I could go online and send that message in an instant.

I mentioned something regarding the iPod as an iBomb in my previous blog about how an iPod was believed to be rigged up as a bomb. Seems that 'scare' is going on again.


PS : It was not mentioned when this will be implemented. I'm hoping it hasn't and wont be cuz it's just a waste of tax money (Which I paid as well while I was working in the states and buying all their TAXABLE products/services)

No comments: