Friday, August 29, 2008

Nightmares and Fears

A few of you might've known that I've got this 'unique' fear. That's right, fear of fishes.

Though, you notice that I do eat fish and find that ironic. I think what scares me most is a fish's head. That doesn't leave out the abdominal portion of the fish as I tend to jitter at the sight of it.

My family members know, whenever we eat out at a chinese restaurant and order fish, I always shift the plate so that the fish's head points else where. But, the body of a FULLY cooked fish doesn't scare me much.

What about sushi? Yes, it's fish meat but you don't actually see anything that resembles the fish one bit. It's just a slab of meat much like your typical poultry meats.

So when and why did I develop this fear? I can only think of three reasons period.
1) I used to eat fish eyes. Yes, use my lil 5 year old fingers and dig out their eyes and suck em til all that's left is the middle core.

2)I tend to play with fish alot and brought them out of water. Seeing them flip helplessly. Pity could've turned into fear.....

3)I'm just too lazy to clean up aquariums and handle fishes so I came up with an excuse but turned to reality....

No comments: