Sunday, October 17, 2010

I hate remembering the past

I hate remembering the past.
It makes me feel depressed at the things I could've done but didn't do;
Things I shouldn't have done but did.

They say that you shouldn't regret what you have done but instead regret what you COULD have done.

It's my last semester before graduation and it seems that only now I'm starting to do the things I haven't done or always thought of doing. One of my biggest regrets of college life.

The older you get, the harder it is do to certain things...
I remember this figure which depicts how people are amused with young geniuses....

When you're 1-10 years of age, people consider you a genius.
When you're 11~16 years of age, people consider you smart
When you're 17~22 years of age, people consider you intelligent
Once you exceed 22 years, you're just normal...

It's kinda sad thinking that through the passage of your life, your presence will be more insignificant. Sucks...

Well.. of course unless you're in the entertainment business....
Then your life would be like a sin/cosine graph.
You're well treated at birth, ignored for a while, then gained recognition in the Jackson5, then disappeared til you grew up and started singing thriller, disappeared, got into the news with a skin disease, disappeared, then got into the news again with pedophillia, come back concert and death... and after that... an endless amount of ups and downs..

Come to think of it... I just contradicted myself.... your significance/presence depends on how you live your life. Either you do nothing and disappear to oblivion or do something that will show the world that you exist and not just some other guy/girl

No comments: