Friday, October 22, 2010

Supportive/Destructive

I can't remember if I've written about this here before or not but I'll do it again regardless...

I confess, I'm bad at supporting other people for their causes. Even with my sister about to enter a competition, I wouldn't know what to say or do to help her/ cheer her up if she loses. It's usually the cliché response depending on how she end up in the competition.
If she did well, it's "Congratulations"
If she almost got 1st place it's "Try again next time"
If she did badly, "Too bad, try again next time"

Nothing else. Just a few words. I've always been very careful with my words. Most of the time opting to say nothing at all (before I came to the states) because I wouldn't want to offend or put too much pressure.

But for me, I would love the attention, I wouldn't care much cause I know that even if my friends or family said something offensive, I know they didn't mean it. If it's me saying those things, I can't seem to get it off my mind.

Even now, I'm still trying to be supportive to others. Telling them not to give up. Giving them advices on how to achieve their goals. For me? I needed a push to reach my goal. Like how an eagle teaches her off-springs how to fly. I have to thank my mom for that. All the naggings and scolding I got back in Malaysia while I was in school....

No comments: