Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reality and Dreams

There was a time when I always force myself to sleep. LalaLand(dream land) is always my sanctuary in face of the boring and harsh reality.
I'd sleep for countless hours a day just to enter my ideal world.
A world where I can do anything I want, obtain anything I want.
A world that has no limits.
A world where I could fly.
A world where I could change the things I hate.
A world where I could change the bad things in life to be good
A world where I could turn back the time and relive the past

Being in Lala Land gives me peace. It gives me false hope of reality. It calms me down.
Until.... I wake up to reality...

I can't fly
I have limits
I can't do everything I want
I cannot change what has been done
I can't turn back the time to the good old days.

Still no matter how much reality bites, I'm alive.
I dreamt of dying a few times in my dreams.
I've dreamt of getting called back for National Service countless times (it's a night mare to me)
I've dreamt of fishes (thus causing me to jump out of bed)

Looking past all that, it seems that Lala Land's the best place for my current state of mind. I've been piling up on stress for the past few weeks. Though I may not show it to friends. It is there.

No comments: